Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Sister Gets Married!

Last weekend was my big sister's wedding. The day was amazing and filled with memorable details and touches that brought it all together.




My sister had four bridesmaids and we each wore a different styled dress but in the same fabric and colour; dark gray. The dresses were great and so nice that we could each pick one that was our own - mine had pockets in it!  To add some pop we all wore sapphire blue shoes that matched the electric blue orchids in our bouquets.




My sister wore a fitted, silk, ivory dress from McCaffery's in Ottawa. It had Swarovski crystal detailing with a modest train that wasn't too poofy or overbearing. It fit her perfectly! It was the perfect dress for her personality and she looked stunning in it.






We traveled to the ceremony in style on a boat! We all wore sailor hats, aviators, some funny water wings and my sister and her husband both rocked the captain hats. The beach ball didn't last long and we had a few mishaps with timing, bridges and melting in the heat but everything came together in the end; lots of champagne helped too!

My beautiful parents - celebrated their 40th year of marriage this year!






At the venue blue orchids, candles, and mirrors added beautiful colour to each table. The food was incredible as well. In addition to the most delicious cupcakes, we also had chocolate mousse cakes. YUM! At midnight the usual midnight snack bar was brought out - a build your own poutine buffet!!! Amazing!







All in all, it was a great day and I was happy to rest my feet at the end of the night early morning. I was one proud sister and was so happy to be a part of such a special day.

{Photos © Laura Clarke Photography - shot with my Canon G9. Some photos also from my Aunt}

No comments:

Post a Comment