Friday, August 23, 2013

Out and About - Soaking up some Culture in Ottawa

I took a trip to Ottawa to spend some time with my parents the other weekend. My mom and I made a point to see the iceberg scaffolding covering the National Gallery (if you haven't heard of it, there's a really cool video of it being put up here). It's "melting" at the moment as they finish repairing the glass panels so I wasn't able to get shots of it fully covered but it's still really cool to see We also went to the Museum of Nature to see the Edward Burtynsky exhibit (one I highly recommend seeing). I hadn't been there since the days when I owned a New Kids on the Block knapsack so it was great to see the renovations they've made to the museum - one that included a glass box protruding out the front of the building housing a whale. Needless to say, it made for some interesting photos.We finished off the day with some beers and food on a patio along Elgin Street then took a stroll along the canal.






















































{Photos © Laura Clarke Photography}

No comments:

Post a Comment