Monday, July 07, 2014

Niagara on the Lake Wedding: Krissy + Mark

I first met Krissy through email. I knew instantly that she was someone who I could be friends with. The way she wrote was the same as me (and I imagined she spoke the same way too). She was excited about all the same things I was excited about, and we had gone through some similar experiences so I immediately felt a connection to her. For a few months we wrote to each other all the time. It was like we had been friends forever and when we first met for their engagement session I felt like I was seeing an old friend. I'm so happy that Krissy contacted me - because of that first email we created such an amazing friendship that I wasn't just photographing a client's wedding, I was photographing a friend's. 

Their wedding was full of emotion. These two are just so in love that it's hard not to be overwhelmed by it and to feel so happy for them. I'll admit I cried during their ceremony. You could just tell that they are meant to be together and that they'll love each other with every inch of their being for the rest of their lives. The day was stunning too - their ceremony was located at Kurtz Orchards in Niagara on the Lake. On the property is the Gracewood Estate where the two got ready and where the ceremony took place. This stunning venue is lined with winding trees, vineyards, and cherry blossoms. The sun was shining, there was a slight breeze and because the weather had been so bad at the beginning of May, all the cherry blossom flowers had bloomed late so the trees on the grounds were covered in flowers. There was even a moment when Krissy was saying her vows that the wind blew and all the petals fell on the couple. It was magical!

They were surrounded by so much love too! Mark's family was so welcoming and how they spoke about Krissy there was no doubt that she was part of their family. Mark's sister-in-law made all the floral arrangements, including the stunning bouquets of peonies. And Mark's dad walked Krissy down the aisle since her father couldn't be there.

The two also made so many personal touches for the day. When they arrived from Vancouver they had less than a week to get everything together so they spent hours and hours with the help of their family putting together the favours, table numbers, and personal items like photos from their relationship for the reception space. The reception was held at White Oaks resort overlooking a courtyard. As the speeches went on it just solidified how much this couple is loved. I wish them a lifetime of laughs and love and I can't wait to make a trip to Vancouver to visit them

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment