Friday, February 21, 2014

Lately - Birthday Recap

This past weekend started amazingly well. Robin and I spent all day Friday/Valentine's Day curled up on the couch watching movie after movie. I made us blueberry pancakes and we sipped on endless mimosa's while checking a few of the Oscar-nominated films off our list. After eating way too many treats throughout the day we took our pup for a stroll and then Robin made us dinner.

Saturday morning we woke up early to play squash together - this one is a big deal! I've played squash with my husband once! You'd think since he does it professionally that we'd be on court more often but nope! So this was a great treat! I'm sure it was painfully slow for him but he gave me some pointers and only laughed a little when I missed the ball ;) We spent the rest of the day hanging out then got together with friends for a (very late) night out dancing.

The next day I met up with my girls for brunch at Weslodge (where the mimosas made an appearance again!). The time was spent in simple conversation catching up with one another and eating some mighty-fine food.

That night Robin came home and we popped open a bottle of prosecco. Robin was eager to toast before midnight - I informed him that I was born at 3:30am so this didn't count but he didn't care. We toasted to my 27th year. To every high and low that came with that year. To all the change that happened. To all the growth. And to the fact that this year has given me the strength and wisdom to grow even more as a 28-year-old. Then we reminisced on everything that's happened since last February 17th.

Then it was my birthday. I shared the day with a holiday in Canada (Family Day) so I knew we would keep it pretty low-key since most "attractions" would be filled with crowds on their day off. Robin picked me us up some donuts while I got my birthday drink from Starbucks :) He made breakfast while I ate all the donuts then we took the pup for a nice walk and we went out for dinner to my favourite Mexican restaurant, Milagrio. It was such a simple day but it was perfect and exactly what I wanted. At the moment I'm just in owe of how the simplest things can bring such happiness. The fact that the sun was out during the walk with our dog. Thoughtful birthday cards. Sweet calls and messages from friends. And toasting to this new year and chapter in my life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment